August 8, 2018 (Baltimore, MD) – On July 26, Hord Coplan Macht hosted its 6th Biannual Architect for a Day event in Baltimore, MD. The event was the largest to date, hosting twenty-six high school and college students who were interested in learning more about the architecture industry. Their day was filled with site tours, information sessions and even a ride on the Baltimore Water Taxi!
The itinerary included:
- A tour of HCM’s new state-of-the-art Downtown Baltimore Office (700 E. Pratt Street, Suite 1200)
- A tour of three HCM projects:
- Bainbridge Federal Hill at 1100 Key Highway
- Avalon Harbor East at 800 Fleet Street
- West Shore Park
- Presentations by Interior Design, Healthcare, Landscape Architecture, Planning, Senior Living, Mixed-Use Housing, and Education studios
- Lunch with Architects, Landscape Architects, Interior Designers, Planners and our Student Interns
- Group activities and discussions
A big thank you to the students for joining us and to The American Institute of Architects for providing a grant to fund custom Architect for a Day t-shirts!
Release courtesy Hord Coplan Macht