Baltimore, MD (August 8, 2018) – Last year, Hord Coplan Macht launched its inaugural Day of Giving in honor of their 40th anniversary. This year, they carried on the tradition, donating a total of $17,685 distributed across ten charities in Baltimore, Denver, and Alexandria, the locations of HCM’s three offices.
On July 31, 208 HCM employees (out of a total of around 260) gave an amount of their choice to one of the below charities and HCM contributed $40 for each donation, representing our 40+ years in business.
The following charities were selected due to the meaningful work they do in communities:
- Baltimore Tree Trust restores Baltimore’s urban forest through increased tree planting, community engagement, and advocacy.
- The Baltimore Station is a therapeutic residential treatment program that supports veterans and other who are dealing with poverty, addiction, or homelessness.
- Health Care for the Homeless works to prevent and end homelessness by providing quality, integrated healthcare and promoting access to affordable housing and sustainable incomes.
- Details Deconstruction works with residents to determine the value of their structure and provide green alternatives to demolition.
- Baltimore Leadership School for Young Women is an all-girl college preparatory public charter school that helps young women in Baltimore succeed.
- Dumb Friends League provides humane care to lost and abandoned pets, helps pets get adopted, helps pets stay in homes, educates pet owners, and rescues sick, injured, and abused animals.
- The Gathering Place serves women, their children, and transgender individuals who are experiencing poverty and often homelessness.
- Food Bank of the Rockies provides meals to those who need them in the Greater Denver Area.
- Arlington Food Assistance Center distributes groceries to thousands of families in the Arlington area every week.
- Carpenter’s Shelter seeks to aid the homeless of Alexandria and Virginia through shelter, guidance, education, and advocacy.
As a service-oriented firm, Hord Coplan Macht is proud to support the organizations that are so close to the hearts of employees across all three of our office locations. To learn more about HCM’s commitment to our communities and other service initiatives, click here.