Himmelrich Associates is a Baltimore-based real estate owner, developer, and manager, specializing in historic renovation and adaptive reuse commercial projects, seeks a Freelance CAD Designer to prepare visually appealing floor plans, suite plans, and site plans for its portfolio of properties. Plans will be used for marketing materials and leasing purposes and will require a combination of updating existing plans and creating new drawings. Occasional field measurement and verification required.
Applicants are expected to be self-motivated and nimble, possess the ability to communicate effectively, and produce excellent work. Strong architectural understanding and graphical skills are required. AutoCAD proficiency is required. Familiarity with commercial office design and BOMA measurement desired.
Work is expected to be performed on an hourly basis, subject to a mutually-agreeable schedule.
Compensation commensurate with experience and skill set.
- Produce graphically appealing drawings including floor plans, suite plans, site plans, and possibly elevations for multiple properties. Drawings to be used in brochures, leasing listings, websites, and other marketing and leasing materials.
- Revise, adapt, and clean up existing CAD backgrounds, as well as produce new CAD drawings where needed.
- Measure properties and suites in CAD using BOMA or similar measurement standards. Occasionally field dimension and verify tenant suites and properties.
- Employ a sustainable workflow of drawings that may be easily altered for future revisions.
- Maintain an efficient dialogue to ensure deliverable timelines and expectations.
Interested applicants should email resume and portfolio of work to Emily Stein at firstname.lastname@example.org