NOW HIRING: PROJECT ARCHITECT
Award-Winning Design Firm. We have a rare opening to join our growing firm in the role of Project Architect, working in either our Baltimore, MD or York, PA office with remote work options.
M&D has an excellent reputation in the Mid-Atlantic marketplace, with offices in Baltimore, MD and York, PA. In addition to receiving the Fostering Emerging Professionals (EPiC) AIA Award for the past 5 consecutive years, our firm has received well over 200 design awards – including 8 AIA design excellence awards this year alone.
Progressive, Design-Focused Culture. By promoting an integrated approach to Architecture, Planning, and Interior Design, the Murphy & Dittenhafer Architects’ team of creative professionals and emerging talent puts optimism, energy, and imagination to work. Our goal is to develop the best and most innovative design that reflects client needs, while creating “places” that make a positive contribution to the human experience – and the environment. We work with a diverse group of clients on an array of exciting and interesting commissions – master plans, renovations, new construction, adaptive reuse, and historic preservation – for colleges/universities, K-12 schools, local governments, commercial businesses, faith-based institutions, libraries, and recreational facilities – to name just a few. We have an impressive portfolio of Award Winning “Built Projects” for these clients.
Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn or on our blog: murphydittenhafer.com
Our firm is the right size for collaboration with Principals, other Project Management Staff, and very talented Architectural Designers – all of whom have Architectural degrees and are pursuing licensure. Our objective is elevate and infuse high quality design into each of our commissions and to manage projects efficiently and profitably. Project Managers at M&D have opportunities to grow their skills in all areas the field of Architecture encompasses:
- Creative and innovative solutions
- Significant Client interface and management
- 3-D renderings and animations
- Preparation of presentation materials
- Spearhead collaboration with internal project teams and engineering consultants
- Project Management Responsibility on a variety of project types, scales, and locations
- Lead project teams including Engineering Consultants
- Ensure production of design documents and detailed/fully coordinated construction documents
- High level of awareness and leadership on evolving design trends, building codes, technology, sustainability, and systems
This is a great opportunity to work with talented people in one of the area’s premier creative design environments. M&D staff enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible Remote Work Schedule Options
- M&D Day – an annual tradition that includes good food and company while touring our new or recently completed projects
- Paid Holidays & Vacation (including a week off between Christmas & New Year’s)
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- Profit Sharing & Employer matched 401k
- Professional Registration/Continuing Education Assistance
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (Minimum Required)
- 7-10+ years of experience (Preferred)
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication/design skills
- Ability to manage in a team setting to meet deadlines
- Intrinsic motivation and a passion for design
- Good organization and problem-solving skills
- Architectural Registration (Preferred) and/or LEED Certification
- Proficiency in CAD, Revit, Sketchup, and other graphic/animation presentation platforms such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign,
Power Point, etc.
Take the Next Step. Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, and our blog: murphydittenhafer.com. If you like what you see, email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Please indicate the Project Architect Position, as well as your preferred office location.