GWWO Architects is seeking Project Architects with 3-5 years of experience. We invite collaborative architects and designers to join our Baltimore-based practice specializing in the design of cultural and educational projects with emphasis on responsible design that is inspirational, evocative, and progressive.
- Creativity and experience with high-quality design
- Understanding of construction documents, including technical specifications and document coordination
- Strong building technology and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with building codes
- Ability to work well within a team structure
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Quality-minded and self-motivated
- Fluency with Office 365 software
- Physical requirements: Visual review of documents, typing, traversing construction sites on foot
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong design sense and demonstrated design abilities
- Proficiency in Revit Architecture
- Experience with cultural and/or educational projects
- LEED project experience
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GWWO’s design excellence has been recognized with over 90 local, state, and national awards, including the 2020 AIA Maryland Public Building of the Year. A selection of our most recent achievements includes ranking by ARCHITECT Magazine as a top firm in sustainability two years running; designation as a leading designer of museums, galleries, and cultural facilities by Building Design + Construction; and dozens of Best Places to Work awards based on employee feedback. We currently employ 60 and are located in the historic Stieff Silver building in the city’s Hampden neighborhood.
Benefits currently offered by GWWO include a 401(k) plan; profit sharing plan; medical, dental, and vision insurance; pre-tax medical and child-care reimbursement plans; paid professional organization memberships and professional development opportunities; in-house educational seminars; free parking; generous vacation and absence policy; and thirteen paid holidays (including a week off between Christmas and New Year’s). GWWO is an equal opportunity employer.