Quinn Evans (QE) is a premier design firm with offices located in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. With offices in Ann Arbor and Detroit, Michigan, our Nation’s Capital, Washington, DC, Baltimore, Maryland, and Richmond, Virginia, the firm serves clients in diverse but interrelated practice areas including learning, culture, heritage, and living. Please see our website at www.quinnevans.com.
We are seeking a full-time Project Architect with 8 to 11 years of experience leading a variety of projects across multi-family housing, cultural, learning and heritage practice areas involving both new construction and adaptive use renovations. The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication, design, technical, and organizational skills and is experienced in all phases of design and construction. The position will require working closely with project team members and principals to successfully produce articulate and
technically strong project documents to execute quality projects.
• Collaboratively implement design and building performance strategies to align with project design philosophies; actively participate in project team meetings
• Provide design and technical development, project coordination, and quality control for all aspects of a project
• Conduct research to support creative and innovative solutions to project challenges
• Collaborate with and coordinate work from consultants to ensure integrated project documents that support project design and performance goals
• Contribute to the preparation of quality design documents including detailed construction documents that result in complete submissions for all phases of a project and are compliant with design intent and project scope, schedule, and cost requirements
• Perform construction administration duties such as review of shop drawings, product data, and material samples for conformance with design intent, response to RFIs, and review of pay applications and change orders
• Keep informed of evolving building technology, materials, and products and sustainable strategies
• Maintain contact with clients, consultants, and contractors during all project phases and participate in marketing, client, and owner presentations as required
• Provide mentorship and guidance to other design and intern staff
• Registered Architect with professional degree in Architecture with a minimum of 8 years of experience
• Experience with Housing/Mixed Use projects is preferred
• Excellent communication skills in design, graphics, and presentation
• Demonstrated leadership and experience working in project team environments.
• Experience participating and presenting in client meetings and sub-consultant coordination.
• Proficient with Revit; experience with Newforma and MS Teams is a plus.
• Experience in preparing construction documents and construction administration.
• Strong knowledge of building codes and regulations.
• LEED credentials are a plus.
Quinn Evans is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation/gender status, Veteran’s status, and disability. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and encourage women and diverse applicants to
apply. Must provide proof of COVID 19 vaccination.
Submit cover letter, resume, and portfolio by visiting www.quinnevans.com