Looking for a fun and energetic environment where you will be challenged, rewarded, and inspired? Join an amazing global healthcare organization of top performers at Johns Hopkins Health System (JHHS) where you can thrive and grow amongst a group of passionate and supportive coworkers. JHHS is looking for a Medical Planner to join the Architecture + Planning team. This is a great opportunity to work for a prestigious health system with the potential to mentor and grow within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as a lead in project and medical planning efforts by investigating the functional and operational requirements of various departments and establishing the appropriate building program to support operations for renovations and new construction projects.
- Plans, designs, and prepares architectural or interior design project scopes, including concept drawings, presentation drawings, graphic presentations and other relevant documents relating to additions, alterations and renovations. Develops space layouts, furniture placement studies and other documents relating to space planning, master planning, space analyses, and designs of additions, alterations and renovations.
- Partner with planning and architect consultants in developing comprehensive campus master facility plans and master space utilization plans.
Performs efforts under the management of the Planning Executive, Director, or Senior Director.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required.
2 years of experience in hospital programming and planning and departmental layout and design.Demonstrated ability in application of codes and standards as referenced above. Experience with multi-structure facilities is preferred.
Current, valid professional registration as a Registered Architect (R.A.) in Maryland or have the qualifications to pursue professional registration.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of building codes in general and practical knowledge in how to read, interpret and understanding the rationale behind the codes. Specific experience with International Building Code (IBC), ADA, NFPA Life Safety Code, Hospital Design Guidelines of the Facilities Guidelines Institute (FGI), Behavioral Health Guidelines.
- Functional knowledge of AutoCAD, latest version.
- Functional knowledge of computer applications (PC- and network-based), including Windows, departmental e-mail, word processing, database, spreadsheet, project management and presentation packages.
- Demonstrated partnering and professional leadership skills required to interview and communicate with departmental leaders, directors, staff, consultants and clients. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, latest Version, is preferred.
- High level of ability to solve problems and manage information indicated herein.
- Ability to plan, research, analyze, coordinate, implement and present project requirements.
- InIteracts professionally with JHM/departmental staff as well as contractors, manufacturers, vendors and consultants.
JHHS Website Link: https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/medical-planner-manager-supervisor-johns-hopkins-health-syst-593423-8adac/