Looking for a fun and energetic environment where you will be challenged, rewarded, and inspired? Join an amazing global healthcare organization of top performers at Johns Hopkins Health System (JHHS) where you can thrive and grow amongst a group of passionate and supportive coworkers. JHHS is looking for a Planner Designer II to join the Architecture + Planning team. This is a great opportunity to work for a prestigious health system with the potential to grow within the organization.
This sequence of job titles is structured to reflect a Baccalaureate-degreed employee’s career path and increasing skills and experience, building to professional licensure in the areas of Architectural Planning or Interior Design, and leading to eligibility for Project Management or Medical Planner level positions. The work described below encompasses the general range of tasks and responsibilities. Specific tasks and responsibilities will vary dependent upon the specific discipline (Architectural vs. Interior Design), but overlaps in duties are inherent in the two disciplines
No Degree 10 yrs. Planning/Design/EngineeringAssociate’s Degree 6 yrs. Planning/Design/Engineering Bachelor’s Degree 2 yrs. Planning/Design/Engineering
- Expanded base of knowledge from which the employee can effectively integrate all construction, operations and maintenance disciplines into a design or interpretation of governmental regulations and codes.
- Current working knowledge of design, construction, operations and maintenance fields and governmental regulations and codes, as applicable to employee’s discipline.
- Knowledge of design and project planning, space requirements and standards and design problem-solving.
- Working understanding of codes and guidelines applicable to healthcare projects
- Working knowledge of construction methods and equipment installation/inspection.
- Architectural Sr. Planner shall have knowledge and experience in space planning, construction materials and arrangements, and production drawing.
- Interior Sr. Planner shall have working knowledge of furniture products and systems, methods for selections of products and fabrics, and production drawing.
- Facile in computer applications (PC- and network-based), including Windows, departmental e-mail, word processing, database, spreadsheet, project management, presentation and CADD packages.
- Ability to plan, research, analyze, coordinate, implement and present project requirements while integrating all other design disciplines relevant to the project scope.
- Ability to generate clear design direction and convey the same to other design colleagues, project managers, and procurement with minimal oversight from more senior Planners.
JHHS Website Link: https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/planner-designer-ii-manager-supervisor-johns-hopkins-health-syst-593403-7760c/