About this event
1 LU/HSW Credit
When: July 6, 2022
12:00 – 1:00
600 S Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21231
Lunch will be provided.
Our events are open to architectural, design, and building industry professionals only.
Brick Product Technical Specifications
This presentation will elaborate upon the information typically presented in a brick product technical data sheet, using typical Glen-Gery technical data sheets as examples. An overview of frequently encountered American brick standards will be provided. This will be followed by in-depth descriptions of the individual tests reported on in the data sheet, as well as the interpretation and significance of the reported values and their respective limits.
This presentation should teach attendees-
- Analyze a typical brick technical data sheet to find physical properties related to brick durability.
- Apply appropriate ASTM brick standards and based on intended use and building application.
- Compare the requirements of “Grade”, “Class”, and “Type” applications within common brick standards.
- Explore how tests used to determine commonly reported brick properties are performed.
- Describe the significance of the reported values and how they relate to product performance.