Join USGBC Maryland for a tour of the Merriweather District LEED Neighborhood Development, the 5th LEED ND project in the US!
About this event
Join us for an in-person tour of the Merriweather District Area 3 – the first project in Maryland to earn LEED for Neighborhood Development certification under LEED v4 and only the 5th in the U.S. Part of the larger Merriweather District in downtown Columbia, each building in Area 3 is individually pursuing LEED certification. When completed, Area 3 will include over 800 dwelling units, more than half a million square feet of office space, as well as a variety of retail spaces and parking. Members of the project team, including the owner/developer, architect, and LEED consultant, will lead the tour, which will highlight design approaches related to achieving LEED credits for neighborhood patterns (walkable and tree-lined streets, connected and open community) and green infrastructure. Team members will share lessons learned from the LEED ND certification process and relate how neighborhood-scale green initiatives supported individual buildings seeking certification.
The tour will end with networking at the High Note on the rooftop of 6100 Merriweather.
- Greg Fitchett, Vice President of Development, The Howard Hughes Corporation
- Hailee Griesmar, Junior Principal, Senior Project Manager, Lorax Partnerships
- Jamie Pett, Principal, JP2 Architects
- Tom Noll, Senior Director, Design & Construction Management, The Howard Hughes Corporation
Thank you to our Sponsor!
In-person Health and Safety Statement
The safety and well-being of our community is our top priority. USGBC continues to monitor policy and procedures and is working actively to remain in compliance with federal, state, and local agencies to implement best practices aimed at managing the spread of COVID-19.
To protect the health and peace of mind of our attendees, USGBC has implemented the following preventive measures:
- All in-person attendees of USGBC in-person events must be vaccinated in advance to participate. Full vaccination is defined as having received two shots of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID vaccine or one shot of the Johnson & Johnson product (or a comparably approved vaccine for international attendees) and must be dated at least 14 days in advance of the event.
- Facial mask wearing is required for all indoor activities and encouraged for outdoor activities except when actively eating or drinking.
- Attendees are asked to observe social distancing protocols and respect other’s personal space
- All attendees are required to review and agree to USGBC’s Event Attendee Release & Liability Waiver (included in the registration)
Additional measures may be implemented as necessary. Direct any inquiries related to USGBC’s commitment to fostering a safe environment for all USGBC event participants to Leigh DeWitte (email@example.com).
Visit the links below for more information about federal, state, and local mandates and recommendations to maintain safety.