The Department of Planning is beginning a reviewof the Zoning Code. The current Code was adopted in December 2016 with aneffective date of June 2017. During the adoption process, the Department of Planning proposedhaving a regularupdate process for the code moving forward. The goal is to make updates, discovered throughapplication of the code, or due to new circumstances not considered in 2016.
Our changing worldprovides a good opportunity to review and rethinksome of the key policy issues that the Zoning Code presents.
Some of the policy topics being reviewed by the Department of Planning at this timeinclude:
· Parking: Do we require too much parking for a City?
· Procedures: Including BMZA’s ability to deny anapplication for unresolved violations
· Maker Spaces: Expanding areas wheremaker spaces can be located, including art spaces
· Electric vehicle (EV) charging stations
· Provide for smallerlots to permit single houses
Prior to draftinglegislation, we are reaching out for additional ideas & input. We will have an openmeeting to discuss and hear input onJune 4th 2020 at 11:30 am via this WebEx link. If you prefer tocall in via phone, the information is below:
Meeting number/accesscode: 715 586 653
Call in: 1-408-418-9388(US Toll #)
If you would like to get involved, please contact Laurie Feinberg,Assistant Director (email@example.com) tostay informed on this topic, to contribute ideas, or if have questions/suggestions prior to themeeting